Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I am still alive... and still confused

Today, I realized that I haven't been keeping up with my personal blogging!!! Well, I have been kept quite busy with the news, on my other blog. This stuff is time consuming, you know? Anyway. So what's new in "White-man country" (USA)?

Well, nothing much. I gues that might be why I haven't blogged in a while. There is really not much to say. I am still trying to fight the goo fight. It's much harder to do, when you are also looking for a better job. By the way, if you know someone who needs a world-savy multilingual politics/international relations graduate, please let me know, okay?

What else? Oh, unfortunately, yesterdya, my housemate's father died. It was a rather sad affair. But in many ways, he must be better off, as he had Parkinson's, and had deteriorated quite a bit. R.I.P

Coporate America still blows. And when I am looking at the homefront, back in Africa, it's not looking any better. Scandals after scandals; if it's not sexual abuse, it'd corruption, or nepotism, or embesslements, or (something new) xenophobia. When is it going to stop? It's sometimes so frustrating. And the Africans here are not helping : They are soooooo closed minded sometimes, it drivs me crazy. I mean, I am definitely a bit out there, compared to most Africans. My level of open-ness might be a bit over-bearing for their ultra-conseravtive thinking, but come on!! All I am fighing for is a little bit of Justice, compassion, and tolerance for differences. Is that so much to ask?

These days, my pet peeve is inter-racial/inter-relegious marriage. If the two people want to get married, and they are willing to go through the grief that society will put on them, and it's what makes them happy, no on has presented to me a valid argument as to why they should not marry. Call me crazy !

Okay, I appologize for airing my frustration in such a stream of consciousness fashion. You should go check out my other blog. I will try to be more careful to keep this one up. I mean, living as an African expat in the US, it's worth writing about, right?...

No comments: