Monday, December 15, 2008

It's starting...

So, during the Presidential campaign, like many Black people out there, I was scared to the bone by the prospect of an Obama assassination attempt. Now he has won, and I am still scared. And I was on the lookout for the crazies when I found this story (through DRUDGE), and I can't help but to feel like I won't rest easy for the next 4 years:
In Utah, the Parowan Prophet predicts disaster will prevent Obama from taking office - Los Angeles Times

"I think that you should hear what my opinion about the Obama election is: that he will not be the next president. I said on my home page in August that if he lost to expect to see the 'riots' that 2 Peter 2:13 tells us about. He didn't lose. But the story is not finished yet. I still think they may begin the riots before Christmas 2008, as I said."
The crazies are out in force, and we are going to have to learn to live with them, and and watch-out for them... Another testimony to the fact that although America has come a long way, it still has a long way to go.

2 comments:

C.S.Stone said...

ok... so you live in richmond "nice place to get a burning cross in your yard...", indiana... so I suppose being worried about a grown man that just happens to be black and the president elect just might make sense...

listen carefully...
its gonna be ok...
repeat...
its gonna be ok...

our senses are heightened about his safety because he's "ours"...but, truth be told... all presidents are at risk.. some for the dumbest reasons imaginable... remember reagan?

may I suggest you put on your coat and boots and hat and gloves...
go outside... enjoy the brisket December air... and be glad to be alive...

same as I KNOW Obama is doing...daily...

TheMalau said...

Thank you for the advice, C.S. I guess it is true that having lived in Richmond (although I moved to NYC since the end of 2007) makes me a bit extra-sensitive. I am sure Obama will be okay. I just think we have to be vigilant nevertheless.