Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Study: Unlikely lobsters feel pain in boiling water - Feb 15, 2005

CNN.com - Study: Unlikely lobsters�feel pain in boiling water - Feb 15, 2005

"Anyone who knows me remotely well, knows that I make it a point to be as cosmopolitan as it is humanly possible. But sometimes, in my time here in the US, there are things that just makes me laugh... in desperate agony. This is one of them. With all the drama and pain that goes on, in the planet - and in Africa and the Middle East in paricular, most of it a result (intended or not) of US and Western policies, the article above was on of THE MOST EMAILED articles on CNN!!!! Now, don't get me wrong, I feel for the animal world (though it does not stop me from eating them). But aren't people's priorities in the very very very wrong places? Maybe it's just me, but I believe a genocide in Darfur, the Tsunami, the War in Comgo, or the death of Rafiq Hariri are a bit more important... Call me crazy!"